Poverty costs British Columbians as much as $9 billion a year, and that’s nothing compared to the human costs of misery and suffering. Housing, homelessness and poverty is ranked the #1 issue in BC. This crisis needs immediate action!
We Can’t Afford Poverty is a community art-driven campaign to eradicate poverty from British Columbia, starting with raising social assistance rates. The campaign has held printmaking and quilting/banner workshops with children, youth and adults to stimulate discussion on raising social assistance rates and a commitment to end poverty. See the Art section of our site.
- Community Arts Council of Vancouver
- Vancity Community Foundation
- City of Vancouver Homelessness Action Week
- Arts for Life Fund
- Solidarity Notes- Labour Choir
- Unitarian Church- Social Justice Committee
- Vancouver Moving Theatre